2021 GSP Application Coming Fall 2020
All updated forms for the 2021 Governor's Scholars Program will be dated with the year 2021. Any documents labeled 2020 (or prior) are from previous selection cycles and are not up-to-date.
For Student Applicants:
Students interested in applying to participate in the 2021 Governor's Scholars Program will need to download: the Student Application Front Page, Focus Area Page, Consent Form, Extracurricular Activites, Service, Honors/Awards, and Writing Entry (also the Applicant Checklist to ensure a completed application). Refer to the 2020 Helpful Hints: Best Practices & Important Information Packet to see a completed application.
Information regarding the application and selection process will be mailed to schools from the GSP Central Office in Frankfort in early September of 2020. The Application and Selection Process page (under the Applicants tab) also contains information regarding the application and selection process.
NOTE: These documents can be accessed using Google Docs; however, the check boxes will not function. You can highlight your selections instead of using the check boxes in those instances.
- 2020 Helpful Hints: Best Practices & Important Information Packet
- Applicant Checklist
- Student Application Front Page
- Focus Area Page
- Consent Form
- Extracurricular Activities
- Writing Entry
For Teacher Recommenders:
- 2020 Teacher Recommendation Form
- SAMPLE Teacher Recommendation
For Community Recommenders:
- 2020 Community Recommendation Form - This form must be returned to the student or his/her school to be submitted with their completed application.
- SAMPLE Community Recommendation
- Helpful Hints for Writing a GSP Community Recommendation Letter
For Guidance Counselors:
- 2020 Counselor's Application Checklist
- Academic Achievement Rubrics (GPA and Test Scores)
- Guidance Counselor Statement Form
- Student Application Guidance Counselor Page
For Selection Coordinators:
- 2020 Selection Rating Form
- 2020 Application Checklist
- Transmittal Form
- 2020 Application Rubrics
Note: All updated forms for the 2021 Governor's Scholars Program will be dated with the year 2021. Any documents labeled 2020 (or prior) are from previous selection cycles and are not up-to-date.