To apply for a Resident Advisor or Office Staff position with the 2013 Governor's Scholars Program, please:
Download and complete the 2013 R.A./Office Application Form.
On no more that ONE separate page, using 12-point font and one-inch margins, please answer the following questions. Be sure to indicate your name clearly on this page!
- For Resident Advisor applicants, have you had experience working in residential college programs as an advisor? If so, briefly describe, including dates. If no, please type N/A. If you are only applying for an office staff position, please skip this question.
- What interests or qualifications do you possess that would be important for a Resident Advisor / Office Staff member? Include here the strengths that you would bring to the Program and any weaknesses that may hinder you in the living/learning environment of the Program.
- As a potential Resident Advisor/Office Staff member in this academic enrichment program, what expectations do you have of the job?
- List campus organizations and activities in which you have been involved (you may include community service).
- List any special talents and skills which you possess that could be used in the Program (drama, music, water safety instructor, tennis instructor, first-aid training, computer competency, photography, etc.).
Obtain an official copy of your current college transcript, including your grades for the Fall 2012 semester. In order for your transcript to be official, you must obtain it directly from your registrar (unofficial transcripts printed from the Internet will not be accepted). You may either include your official transcript in its own sealed envelope along with the rest of your application OR your registrar may mail it directly to GSP at the address listed below. If your official transcript is not yet available when you send in your complete application, please request an official transcript to be mailed as soon as possible and, in the interim, provide an unofficial copy of your most recent transcript (spring or summer 2012) for the committee's review.
Obtain references from two people who are able to assess your potential as a Resident Advisor of Office Staff member. At least one of your references should know something about your work as a student. Provide each reference with a reference form -- be sure to include your name at the top! Your references may either mail their completed forms directly to GSP at the address listed below OR give them to you so that you may include them (in their own signed, sealed envelopes) with the rest of your application. Either way, be sure to inform your references that review of applications will begin on December 3, 2012, and that applications that are not complete by January 11, 2013, will simply not be considered.
Mail your application (including the application form and answers to the posed questions) to:
Governor's Scholars Program
Attn: R.A./Office Staff Application
1024 Capital Center Drive, Suite 210
Frankfort, KY 40601
Remember that your official transcript and two references may be included with the rest of your application (in their own signed, sealed envelopes) or mailed separately. However, in order to guarantee that your application will be reviewed, the GSP office must have received all application components-- application form, answers, official transcript, and two references-- on or before January 11, 2013. Complete applications received after the stated deadline will be reviewed on an as-needed basis only. Incomplete applications will simply not be reviewed.
If you have any questions, please contact Sarah Metzmeier.